Sunday, March 13, 2011

No Gain, No Loss, just Resistance

Well, this week, I did not reach my mini goal, but thankfully I did not gain any weight. I did miss a couple of workouts this week, but I tried to make up for that with time on my treadmill. I guess it just wasn't intense enough to warrant a loss in pounds. Nonetheless, I feel a bit lighter, especially after the message at church today.

We started a new series called "The Resistance", and  our pastor Steven Furtick initiated a co-pastoring session between 3 of our campus pastors on three different ways that we face resistance in our lives, that resistance being something that keeps us from being all that God has called us to be. We face resistance from 1. the world 2. the flesh 3. the Devil. Obviously, my struggle with weight is a struggle with the flesh. Pastor Bishop made this statement "Don't let your desires derail your destiny. Instead subject your flesh to the Spirit".

So 2 questions popped in my head, as I was crying my eyes out during the sermons. 1. What is my destiny? and 2. How do I subject myself to the spirit?  I really don't think I can know what my destiny is until I arrive at it. I have dreams, I have goals,  but ultimately God's plan for me will prevail. Whatever his plan is, it is only for my good. I venture to say that I hope that I have some kind of epiphany once I've arrived to the place God wants me to be. However, I do know that there is a path that I must take to reach that place. I do feel that losing and keeping the weight off is a small stepping stone along the path to my destiny. I have attained the knowledge that being disciplined and prayeful at times when I feel like my flesh is weak are ways to subject my flesh to the Spirit. The Spirit keeps us in line with God's will.

I desire to eat whatever I want and not suffer the consequences. I desire to not have to exercise just about everyday to keep my weight down. I desire to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to be conscience of my food choices. But these desires have the potential of keeping me from my destiny. I am not willing to keep taking that risk.

WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: Still just 16 lbs...

1 comment:

  1. I am so stealing one of your quotes and putting it on fb!

    ReplyDelete