Sunday, March 6, 2011

When Stress Tries to Get In the Way of Your Progress

This week, I did not think I was going to make it to my short term goal. This week, or more like the last 2 weeks have involved stressful situations regarding my loved ones. This week, I wanted a double cheeseburger from Wendy's!

While my typical reaction to stress is to turn to food, I had to really find it in me to push myself more at the gym to release some endorphins. I was at a breaking point, on the brink of feeling sorry for myself and the circumstances that almost literally drove me to Wendy's. Well, I did drive to Wendy's. But I got a salad! Yay for me! I also took some time in the mornings to wake up about ten minutes early, which was pushing it because I already get up at 5:45. I just started praying random prayers. Sometimes I think my prayer life is so erratic, and I have trouble keeping my thoughts organized. But I know God knows my heart, as cliche' as that sounds, so sometimes I would just lie in bed and just cry for a moment, just hoping he would hear what I was trying to say through the tears.

Before,you start to feel sorry for me, this process was actual therapeutic. Though I was a wee bit cranky because of the lack of sleep, I did feel better. I was ready to push through and stay on track with my healthier way of living. I didn't have to search very far to find the fortunes that I have been given in life. That even though I struggle with certain things, I am very blessed. I have four men in my life who love me very much (my father, step father, husband, son). I have a wonderful and supportive mother.  My friends are few, but the ones I have are lifetime friends. I have a a good career that pays well (though you wouldn't know it when I pay the bills at the end of the month, but hey they get paid). I have a God who loves me---who hears my cries and knows my struggles.

So, at the end of this past week, I was able to reach my goal, clearly by the grace of God, because I did not feel like I put in as much effort as I should have. However, I have resolved to keep going forward and give my stresses to Him.

WEIGHT LOSS AFTER 6 WEEKS: 16 lbs!              

No comments:

Post a Comment