Sunday, April 24, 2011

Finally, I made it to my first short term goal!

I am pretty sure no one noticed, but I purposely skipped last week's blog because I felt like such a failure. For two weeks I was stuck at the same darn weight! And I didn't know why. I felt completely uninspired, so I had to allow myself a little pity party...but only for  moment. After I dusted myself off, I combed through my diet and workout routine with a fine tooth comb. Had I taken in a few of those "bad" carbs? Yes, I did! I have determined that my body just can't handle certain enriched pastas. Had I started my free weight program? No, I didn't because I was too much of a coward to get out there on the mat in the gym. Sure, I know nobody is concerned about what I am doing, but I can't help but feel a little self conscience. Thankfully, a good friend of mine gave me a couple of her free weights so now I can do my own program in the comfort of my home.

I am looking at myself in a new light, well at least this week. Trying not to body bash, because God thinks I am beautiful (after all he did make me in his image), my husband thinks I am sexy (well I think that is one of the reasons he married me, I hope not the only reason), so why wasn't I giving my self any credit? Although I was stuck at the same weight, I did notice my body changing in areas that have not changed in years.A few of my pants are a little looser. So something was happening. What did that stupid scale know anyway?

I think I did become a little obsessed with the scale. Instead of just weighing myself once a day, I would do it throughout the day.This has not been such a good idea because our weights vary throughout the day. But, because I am a creature of habit, I need to weigh myself on a daily basis to keep myself in check. It is so easy for me to get off track. Now I am rejoicing, I reached my 1st short term goal weight. I have not seen that number in about 2 yrs, and now I am so ready to get past that number. I am excited because I am learning to do something that I have had difficulty doing for long time: Celebrate me and not sweat the small stuff!

WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 27 lbs. I reached my 1st goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment