Sunday, May 1, 2011

Giving God Control, Dreaming Bigger and Gettting Smaller

Well, today church was just awesome! We are starting a new series on relationships called "Mr. and Mrs. Better Half".While most of what pastor Furtick said related to relationships between men and women, there was one phrase he said that I felt related to me and how I see myself. When it comes to what I want for my life I need to "speak to my destiny".  I need to bring my destiny to life by being positive that God will allow a change to manifest because I allow Him the control through being faithful.

I am a control freak, and I get easily stressed by situations that I am not able to control. Like just yesterday, I was in a hurry to leave the hair salon to get to work, and freakishly backed my car into a tree that was in the middle of the parking lot. The impact shattered the glass and mangled the frame of my SUV's back door. Okay, well I could have controlled this situation by watching where I was going. However, the fact that it had already happened was not under my control. All I could do was deal with the consequences and have faith that I would come out of the situation on top.

As the day unfolded, I felt overwhelmed, almost hysterical because of the shear stupidity of the accident. It took a couple of good friends to remind me that maybe this was God's way of telling me to slow down. When I am moving at full speed, I have difficulty seeing what it is that God is trying to do in my life. This pertains to just about everything: my marriage, my friendships, my job, my finances, my child. Although in all natural circumstances, I am able to control my weight, a huge part of keeping my weight in check is surrendering to the will of God. I was not able to do this whole heartedly throughout my life.  God wants me to be healthy, strong and productive. The best way to serve God most effectively is feeling your best first!

So, I am fully committed to dreaming bigger, speaking life, in order to get smaller. This weekend has taught me that I need to slow down and focus on the big picture. I dream of one day being able to look at myself and completely love what God has created. I am not saying that you have to be smaller in order to love your self, but in my situation I feel that I have to love myself in order to reach my goal of being smaller.


THIS WEEK'S WEIGHT LOSS: 1 lb...not much, but it is still a loss! Total of 28 lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment