Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Problem Parts

It's funny how when you go to family gatherings, you notice physical resemblances between relatives, even ones that don't really look like you. Somehow, being in a room filled with people from the same genetic pool helps you to discover your identity even more. A few months ago, we were all gathered at my grandmother Louise's home after her funeral. There was so much love in that house, as well as a lot of good food, and laughter. I also noticed that there were a lot of hips! I remember my grandmother speaking to me on several occasions about her younger years. She and her two sisters were well known for their figures. The Wilson Sisters.

Looking around the house, I saw evidence of their reputations still living in their offspring. The women in my family are beautiful: different shades of Black, different personalities, different sizes. However, there a few commonalities among us: we were all blessed with hips, butt and thighs that won't quit. It is quite hilarious to me that the areas I have the hardest time toning are the same areas that made my grandmother and her sisters, on a small scale, famous. Kim Kardashian ain't got nothing on the Wilsons! The past two weeks have been absolutely frustrating, I am the same weight. I found myself looking at my Wilson parts, and sometimes asking "Why won't you just go away?" Well, you can't get rid of genetics, no matter how hard you try. Even the skinniest women in my family are still bootylicious. So why did I foolishly think that these parts of my body would just disappear?

Well, yet again, I am looking over my diet and work out plan. I have decided that I need professional help. Not the psychiatric kind, but I would really like a nutritional consultant and personal trainer. I hope that there are ones that understand the uniqueness of my situation. I want to be able to pay homage to my heritage, keep the girlie parts that make me so special,  but still lose weight in a healthy way. Believe me, I have been to the point that I really want to give up. I am at work, and all week we have all these unhealthy free lunches. My husband still eats whatever he wants. I past by all my favorite food places on the way home. I don't get a lot of sleep, so that is more time for me to be up and hungry. Yet, I am going to push on. I can make it over this hump, I just might not lose the hump in the back!

WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: Still just 28 lbs...keeping it moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment