Sunday, May 22, 2011

7 Pounds, 7 days: What is going through my head?!

Okay, for all intensive purposes, I must warn you that this week's blog may not make a lick of sense. I found it hard to come up with a topic this week. This has been such an interesting week as far as my life is concerned. I finally got some much needed sleep, after suffering from carpal tunnel syndrome since my son's birth. Though having the cortisone shots nearly killed me the 1st night, the subsequent nights have been wonderful. Not one time did I wake up with intense, numbing pain in my hands. I had the priviledge of attending a  relationship seminar hosted by my church, featuring Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. The "Love and Respect" seminar based off of his highly acclaimed book, is really blessing my marriage just by changing my thought process on communication within a marriage.  So, I am feeling pretty empowered right about now because my body and mind have been renewed in different ways. I am having a very positive outlook at this moment.

Somehow, my mind drifted to the movie "Seven Pounds" featuring Will Smith over the weekend. Although the intent of the movie was good, I thought it made absolutely no connection between the title and the actual movie(or did I miss something?). I mean did his organs weigh seven pounds before he gave them away? Did the jellyfish he reminisced about weigh seven pounds? I mean I just didn't get it. And although I know he was grieving over the loss of his wife in the accident, I just didn't understand why he felt the need to kill himself by torturing himself in a bathtub full of ice and jellyfish before his organs were generously given away. Yeah, and it was so romantic that his heart went to his new love!(NOT!!!)  Maybe I am just not that deep. But I digress...

However, the number seven  is a great number. It means completion. God made the world as we know it in seven days. I don't think it was a mistake that this number is referenced several times throughout the bible. Then, I thought about the number "10". It means perfection. Think of the phrases,  "A perferct ten", "I give it a score of 10 out of 10", and so on. Just now while writing this, I thought "Wow, I am not perfect, but I am complete". In the midst of my journey to a healthier me, I realized God has made me completely capable, completely confident, completely beautiful in his image and completely disciplined. I am still going to be whole, even if I am not a size 2. I have realized that perfection is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes what the world perceives as "perfect" (i.e the perfect look, the perfect size, your Halle Berrys, Kim Kardashians, what ever other person society pegs in this category), may not always be complete. I would much rather be a complete person striving for perfection, then a "perfect" person striving for completion. The only being that ever exhibited both perfection and completion to me is Jesus Christ. He was/is flawless and whole. I am a christian, which means "christ-like". I ain't perfect, nor will I ever be. But through Christ's perfection, I am made whole(or complete). I can strive to be like him everyday. In my efforts to be like more like him, I will be blessed. The same concept applies to weight loss for me. In my effort to be a healthier me, I may not always hit the mark. However, working hard will yield positive results.

For those of you who have reached the end of this blog and did not get side tracked by my randomness, I would like you to know that I did lose over 2 lbs this week!

WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 31 lbs...Yipee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment