Friday, June 10, 2011

Allow Me To Vent...

I guess some of you may have realized I did not post anything last week. It's been a bummer kinda week. I feel great, but I am down because I am stuck at the same three numbers. I did finally make an appointment with a dietician, whose first available appointment was not until my next day off next month. So yaaay me! Obviously, I am not doing something right. I have lost weight without exercise before. Yet, I have modified my diet and I am exercising, but nothing is working for me this week.

I totally broke down in front of my husband one night while I was exercising, stating "I hate this!!!" I hate that I can't be skinny mini, I hate that I can't eat what I want, I hate exercising! Well, I don't mind exercising, I just hate having to exercise in order to get the results I want. And just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I had to find an outfit for my husband's semi-formal family reunion. There is nothing more terrifying to me than trying on clothes. I hate the full length mirrors. I don't like being in between plus size and "regular" size. I don't like the fact that there are very few places that offer clothes that properly fit busty, short, small-waisted, thick thighed women. I finally settled on an outfit. To my disappointment I could not find a pretty little sun dress to hide my problem parts, but settled on a black and white shirt/pants set.

Just when I wanted to fold, just when I wanted to grab a large cheeseburger and some fries (which, if you know me well, I don't eat a lot of beef or fries for that matter), I saw the cover of this month's Ebony Magazine, featuring Jill Scott on the cover. While I did not get a chance to read her article in depth, I noticed how amazing she looked. I am a HUGE Jill Scott fan, anyway. I think she is beautiful, a trendsetter, creative, and uber talented. So, I skimmed through the article and read that she had lost 50 lbs! Amazing! I really don't know how long it took her to lose it, but as a long time follower, I know she has always been on the heavier side. Beautiful, nonetheless. I found myself wondering what was her breaking point? What was her inspiration? What's the name of her trainer?lol.  Then, I had an epiphany. I still lost over 30 pounds. I am still pretty darn cute. I can still do this!

So, as I embark on my first of two family reunions for the summer, I hope to stay strong amidst the yummy food and make health-conscience choices for my benefit. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!


WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: Still the same as the last entry :( But not any heavier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment